Friday, June 03, 2005

THE PRINCE

I said my second comment in my political theory class yesterday. and of course i was all looking dreamy eyed at Andreas. i too attracted to cute smart boys who wear cool t shirts. i could eat him up.

so do you believe it is better to be feared or loved as a ruler?

I think its better to be feared then loved as a ruler because fear is controlable through such things as cruelty but the degree to which someone loves you is uncontrollable. firstly, you'd always have to satisfying that persons interests to keep their affection. but fear keeps us in line. its not only fear of the ruler but its fear of the alternative. Fear also unites us and unity brings the state strength which is the greatest virtue of any ruler.

well that was my comment.

next time i'll pretty myself up and sit close to Andreas... and be just as smart as him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home